DEVELOPING A WELL ROUNDED SPECIALTY CLINICIAN
The 12-month PGY2 specialty residency in Internal Medicine at Barnes-Jewish Hospital is intended to train outstanding practitioners at the level of pharmacotherapy specialists. Our program is designed to give a comprehensive internal medicine experience while focusing on the needs of the individual resident. The resident will have an opportunity to work with specialists in a variety of settings including internal medicine, infectious diseases, critical care and various medicine sub-specialty areas (e.g. cardiology, nephrology, gastroenterology/hepatology, endocrinology and palliative care). Elective experiences in other specialty areas will be available to round out the resident’s training. A longitudinal outpatient clinic experience and involvement in didactic and experiential teaching at St. Louis College of Pharmacy are also included. This PGY2 residency participates in the ASHP residency matching program.
- Internal Medicine I & II
- Internal Medicine III – Primary Precepting
- Infectious Disease
- Critical Care – Medical Intensive Care Unit or Medical Oncology
- Medicine Specialty Electives (4-8 weeks)
- Internal Medicine – Hospitalist*
- Internal Medicine – Community*
- Palliative Care*
- Emergency Medicine
- Critical Care – (Cardiac ICU, Surgical/Trauma/Burn ICU, Neuroclinical ICU, Cardiothoracic ICU)
- Transplant – (Renal, Liver, Lung, Cardiac)
* medicine specialty electives
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacy, successful completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 residency, and licensure in Missouri is required.
Number of Positions
One per year
Eli N. Deal, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
Program Director, PGY2 Internal Medicine Residency
William Call, PharmD, BCPS
Program Coordinator, PGY2 Internal Medicine Residency
Department of Pharmacy
216 S. Kingshighway Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63110