Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Ingredients for the Chicken Filling:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1-3 teaspoons hot paprika, or to taste
- 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen spinach (5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or prepared pesto (optional)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes, squash, potatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and vinegar; continue cooking until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with fresh basil or a dollop of pesto.