External Sponsorship Guidelines, Policy and Approval Process
Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital have a mission to support the health of the community we serve. Each year, many non-profit community organizations request sponsorship support in the form of events such as dinners, runs/walks, health fairs or advertisements in programs. Please read the following guidelines before completing the sponsorship form below.
Sponsorships must align with our mission, vision, values and strategic priorities. All sponsorships should have a link to community health improvement or prevention. As an academic medical center serving adults in the region, Barnes-Jewish sponsorships should be in keeping with those we serve, and represent the community we serve. As a community hospital with an academic affiliation, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital sponsors organizations that serve their west county region.
We ask that community organizations submit requests a minimum of four months to a year in advance, especially if this is a first-time sponsorship, rather than one we have funded in the past.
The following guidelines describe our submission and review process of all requests:
Consideration for sponsorships will be dependent on the following:
- Support of major clinical programs such as heart and vascular, neurosciences, transplant, cancer and orthopedics.
- Health and wellness that leads to community benefit.
- Support of our neighborhoods – Central West End, Forest Park Southeast or Creve Coeur to keep our immediate community economically and socially thriving.
- Support our management team’s community involvement when they represent Barnes-Jewish Hospital or Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital. Our leaders serve on community boards of directors that benefit our organization and community.
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital cannot support employees or other individual participation in a fundraising event or activity.
- All requests must represent a 301-C non-profit organization in good standing that has a positive community image.
If the organization/event meets the above criteria, it must answer “yes” to at least one of the questions below. Preference will be given to those requests where the answer is “yes” to more than just one question.
- Does the community organization and event/activity seek to address a community health care need?
- Will the sponsorship request provide Barnes-Jewish Hospital or Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital with an opportunity to communicate our message – whether it is marketing or health-related?
- Will the sponsorship request provide Barnes-Jewish Hospital or Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital with an opportunity to market/promote key services?
If this minimum requirement is met, then the following guidelines will be used to help further determine how to allocate limited sponsorship dollars:
- Value: The event/activity provides good promotional value for the dollars invested.
- Geographic Reach/Size of Audience: The event/activity reaches a desirable target audience in our service area such as consumers, physicians, potential donors, community and government leaders. The larger the target audience reached, the better value provided.
- Exclusivity: If Barnes-Jewish Hospital or Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is asked to be a major sponsor, the number of major sponsors must be limited to three, including us. Ideally, Barnes-Jewish Hospital or Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital would also like to be the only health care or hospital sponsor.
- Public Relations/Political Sensitivities: Participation in the event will leave a good impression within the community.
- On-Site Involvement: There is an opportunity for on-site involvement at the event including:
- Opportunity for Barnes-Jewish Hospital or Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital leadership to be present and interact with community leaders, donors or other stakeholders.
- Opportunity for the appropriate service line area or content experts to staff an informational table, provide an interactive activity such as a screening, or provide an educational talk.
II. Review and Approval Process
- All organizations approaching Barnes-Jewish Hospital or Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital for sponsorship must fill out a copy of our sponsorship request form. Please complete the online sponsorship request form below.
- We ask that community organizations submit requests four months to a year in advance, especially if this is a first-time sponsorship, rather than one we have funded in the past.
- Requests that are received less than four months in advance of the deadline for making a decision risk being excluded from consideration.
- Because we receive a large volume of sponsorship requests, please allow us 10 business days to contact you regarding your request. Also, please be advised that we may not be able to fulfill every sponsorship request we receive, even if the request meets our criteria.
- Questions about our sponsorship process and criteria may be directed to the public relations specialist, Mary Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org