A successful candidate must possess a graduate-level healthcare related degree from an accredited graduate program. Candidates must also demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in academic medicine. One year of related healthcare experience is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit the follow application materials postmarked by September 24, 2012:
- Cover letter
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- One to two page personal statement addressing the following:
- Decision to pursue an administrative fellowship
- Interest in the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship
- Fellowship and career objectives
- Interest in academic medicine
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, including one from the applicant's Program Director and one from a past or present employer
- Official undergraduate and graduate school transcripts
All application materials should be mailed to:
Attention: David A. Gee Administrative Fellow
One Barnes-Jewish Hospital Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63110
In correspondence, please refer to this position as the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship
Phone interviews will be conducted and qualified candidates will be invited to participate in on-site interviews. The on-site interviews will consist of panel interviews with executive leadership and former fellows, as well as an individual interview with the hospital President. Selection announcements will be made the week following on-site interviews.
The fellow is paid an annual salary that is competitive with other administrative fellowships at various institutions around the country. In addition, the fellow receives the full benefit package available to Barnes-Jewish Hospital employees.
Contact the first year administrative fellows:
Learn more about the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship.