At Barnes-Jewish Hospital, you’ll have every opportunity to develop your career path, and the support you need to pursue continuing education. Barnes-Jewish provides generous financial assistance for every stage of your career development—from BSN, MSN and post-graduate programs offered through Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College, to in-hospital classes, online instruction, specialty certification, attendance at industry seminars and conferences, and more!
Tuition Assistance - Plan A
Tuition reimbursement is available for approved coursework and degrees relating to your present career path.
- 100% reimbursement of up to $4,500 in tuition and fees each year for full-time employees, and 100% of up to $2,250 each year for part-time employees.
- Must remain employed by Barnes-Jewish for one year after course completion.
Tuition Assistance - Plan B
The tuition loan prepayment plan is designed to encourage employees to earn degrees in high-demand areas of health care, including, but not limited to (for additional information, please contact your Tuition Coordinator):
- Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Cytotechnologist, Cytologist
- Histology Technologist and Histology Technician
- Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Medical Records Coder/Abstractor
- Medical Imaging Technologist (Advanced Medical Imaging Technologist, CT Technologist, Mammography Technologist, MRI Technologist, Special Procedures Technologist)
- Medical Technologist, ASCP
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Practice Nurse (including Clinical Nurse Specialist)
- Physician Assistant
- Radiation Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technician
- Ultrasound Technologist
These forgivable loans apply to tuition and required fees not paid for by other sources.
- Receive an annual loan of up to $4,500 for benefit-eligible employees.
- Tuition is paid for approved coursework once registration is completed.
- 50% of the loan is forgiven after successful completion of the course; the remainder is forgiven after fulfilling a one-year work commitment.
Tuition loan repayment plan
To help ease the financial burden faced by many new graduates, the tuition loan repayment plan helps new employees in many high-demand positions to pay off student loans, including nurses (direct patient care only), medical imaging technologists, nuclear medical technologists, sonographers, and registered respiratory therapists.
- Requires an employment commitment of twelve months in a benefit eligible status.
- Annual loan repayment maximum is $4,000 with a lifetime maximum of $12,000.
Employees may contribute after-tax dollars through payroll deduction for their own education and receive an annual match of up to $500.