The Clinical Information Systems (CIS) department at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, in collaboration with BJC Information Services (IS), designs and implements clinical applications. A common job opportunity in Clinical Information Systems is:
Clinical Information Systems Coordinator
Under general direction, provides clinical information systems support, assists with the implementation of system upgrades, assists with design and testing efforts for enhancements. Builds collaborative relationships with hospital leadership, clinical department users, IS and other corporate departments to facilitate usage and acceptance of clinical systems.
- Provides support to end users and seeks to make improvements through process improvement and quality assurance initiatives.
- Provides new and ongoing clinical systems training and assesses current level of knowledge of new users, working with department management to provide additional clinical system education.
- Reviews, tests and implements system enhancements and upgrades.
- Provides daily support of the application through review of clinical reports, audits, downtime procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Maintains communications to hospitals regarding clinical system changes and upgrades.
For more information about BJC IS career opportunities, please visit the BJC.org Application Site.