Human Resources at Barnes-Jewish Hospital is organized into three distinct functions:
- The Human Resources Organizational Effectiveness Department supports Barnes-Jewish Hospital employees and management by promoting good employee relations practices and providing organizational growth and development.
- The Talent Acquisition Department at Barnes-Jewish Hospital oversees recruiting for positions in clinical, professional/technical, non-clinical professions, and general staffing.
- The HR Services department is responsible for enhancing the employee experience through outstanding delivery of HR services and improvements in policies and procedures directly connected to the support of the strategic business initiatives of Barnes-Jewish.
Our talented HR team members can work in any number of the roles below and often have opportunities to participate in cross functional teams.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Manages the entire life-cycle recruiting process from prospecting to hiring qualified candidates
- Identifies and maintains qualified applicant pools to include diverse, internal, and external populations utilizing various sources and modalities
- Collaborates with other department members and leadership regarding staffing plans and management of activities related to internal mobility
- Participates on talent acquisition teams, programs, and projects in support of business objectives
- Conducts onboarding activities, including reference and employment verification, criminal background review, pre-employment screening scheduling, accurate clearance for new hires attending new employee orientation
HR Business Partner
- Assists departments and employees with employee relations matters
- Consults with management on issues pertaining to talent acquisition, compensation/benefits, and organizational development/effectiveness matters
- Utilizes strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with employees and management
- Participates in change initiatives
- Monitors various human resource metrics and provides proactive risk mitigation
Employee Service Coordinator
- Explains policies and practices related to pay, benefit and human resources programs
- Ensures data integrity in maintaining and updating employee records
- Collects performance appraisals and ensure that they are properly signed as required
- Supports special projects to promote human resources goals and objectives
Leadership Development Manager
- Identifies, engages, and responds to key stakeholders, building acceptance of leadership development
- Develops common frameworks, models and standards and promotes best practices to develop leaders and improve organizational effectiveness
- Provides recommendations regarding the feasibility and internal applicability of leadership development-related opportunities and processes
- Partners with hospital's and functional leadership teams to define and evaluate outcomes and measures
When you take a job with us, you join a leader in providing patient-focused case, high ethical standards and behaviors, and teamwork. Come work where your career can make a real difference in the lives of others.