Application Process for Recently Graduated Nurses
If you have recently graduated from nursing school and have obtained your RN license, you are invited to apply to any Staff Nurse position you see listed on the Barnes-Jewish Hospital website.
What You Need to Know
Barnes-Jewish Hospital hires new graduate RNs year-round depending on the availability of positions that consider new graduates. There is no deadline for applying.
To be considered for an RN position at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, new graduate candidates must apply online to a Staff Nurse position in the area they desire to work.
A new graduate is a registered nurse with less than one year of experience working as an RN. In general, when candidates have more than one year of experience working as an RN, they are considered experienced RNs.
All applicants must have a current RN license.
Tips for Applying
- New graduates and recently licensed RNs should read the job description of each posting prior to submitting an application to ensure they meet the desired qualifications.
- New graduates and recently licensed RNs are primarily hired into General Medicine. However, other inpatient areas that often accept new graduates include Heart & Vascular, Oncology and Barnes-Jewish Extended Care. Be sure to list your area(s) of interest on your resume.
- New graduates are typically hired for night shift positions.
- Resumes are not required, but are highly suggested.
- Licensure: To find out more information about participating compact states, visit the National Council of State Boards of Nursing website.
Here's What You Can Expect After You Apply
1) A Talent Acquisition Specialist will contact you if your application is advanced to an interview for a specific position. Your patience is appreciated as we review the large volume of applications received.
2) Due to the large volume of applications received, status updates will be provided via email.
If you have any questions on how to apply as a new nurse, please send an e-mail to BJH-GN@bjc.org.
If you want to check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click on myCareer Tools and then click on Accepted/Unaccepted applications.