Application Process for Recently Graduated Nurses
Applications for Graduate Nurses are accepted twice per year.
- Apply only once for current and future positions (a one-stop shop; your application will be filtered based on openings for graduate nurses in the area(s) of interest you indicate on your resume)
- Timeframe to apply based on your graduation date (as seen below)
- A dedicated HR rep assigned to your application
||January – June Graduates
||February 1 – February 28
||September 30 of the same year
To be considered, prospective Graduate Nurse (GN) applicants must apply online to the 'Graduate Nurse' position listed on www.barnesjewish.org/careers
during the application timeframes indicated above. At the time of application you must provide, electronically
(no hard copies will be accepted): your resume listing your top three clinical areas of interest and unofficial transcripts.
If you would like to be considered for the Emergency Department Fellowship, at the time of application, you must also provide the following documents electronically
(no hard copies will be accepted):
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 1 essay explaining why you feel you are the best fit for the Emergency Department Fellowship at Barnes-Jewish Hospital
To attach documents to any profile, click on "myCareer Tools" within your Applicant Profile.
Here's What You Can Expect After You Apply
1) All applications will be reviewed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist.
2) A Talent Acquisition Specialist will contact you if your application is advanced to an interview for a specific position. Your patience is appreciated as we review the large volume of applications received. If you meet the criteria for a position, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
3) Due to the large volume of applications received, status updates will be provided via email.
Areas of Opportunity for Recently Graduated Nurses
9. Heart & Vascular
11. Barnes-Jewish Extended Care (Skilled Nursing)
12. Barnes-Jewish Extended Care (Long-Term Care)
13. Operating Room
14. Emergency Department
15. Women & Infants
While our Critical Care areas, OR’s, Emergency Department, and Women & Infant departments
take recently graduated nurses, they are highly competitive areas with limited opportunities for new grads.
Please see the grids below for the hiring spread for new graduate nurses per area.
For more information on how to apply as a graduate nurse or to check the status of your
application, please send an e-mail to BJH-GN@bjc.org