Join the St. Louis oncology team ranked among the top in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Siteman Cancer Center is the only center recognized by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as a Comprehensive Cancer Center in the state of Missouri. Here, you’ll work with a team nationally recognized for its expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with all types of cancer, from common diseases to rare bone, soft-tissue and adrenal gland cancers.
- We offer a comprehensive array of radiation therapy tools, including Gamma Knife, TomoTherapy and Trilogy.
- First in the country to install the Mevion S250 Proton Therapy System – a next-generation proton beam radiation treatment system
- One of the largest bone marrow transplant programs in the country, completing more than 5,000 transplants since its inception in 1980. Recipient of more than $160 million in annual research and related training grants, with results rapidly incorporated into treatment advances.
- Recipient of more than $130 million in annual research and related training grants, with results rapidly being incorporated into treatment advances
- Providing patient access nearly 350 therapeutic clinical studies, including many collaborative efforts with other leading cancer centers throughout the country
- Member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN)
More than 8,000 New Patients Each Year
Our programs at our main medical campus and at our satellite facilities at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital in Creve Coeur, Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital in St. Charles County and a new facility in South County planned to open in 2013 treat more than 8,000 newly diagnosed cancer patients each year. Plus, our active outreach program provides cancer screening and education to tens of thousands of individuals annually throughout the St. Louis region.
Be Part of a Team with a Common Goal
We take a multidisciplinary team approach to care that allows physicians to focus on the treatment of a particular cancer. We understand the vital importance of working together to achieve more positive outcomes: one team, with one mission, and one common goal. And we believe this focused expertise helps ensure patients receive the best medical treatment available. And isn’t that what care is all about?
Join us for what may be the most challenging…the most inspiring…and the most fulfilling career you have ever known. Discover the nursing opportunities in Oncology.
Work with the best in St. Louis
The Siteman Cancer Center is a partnership with nationally recognized Barnes-Jewish Hospital and the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis—two organizations consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the nation’s best. Here, more than 350 Washington University research scientists and physicians – many internationally known in their fields – are involved in exciting research to develop treatments and drug therapies that can be tailored to a patient’s individual genetic makeup and the biology of the disease.
24/7 Cancer Care Clinic to Open on Barnes-Jewish Campus
One of only three such centers in the country dedicated exclusively to cancer patients.