Barnes-Jewish Hospital’s Orthopedic Unit offers the leading-edge resources and close-knit, supportive environment that help our patients recover as soon as possible, and give our professionals tremendous opportunities for career growth and fulfillment.
Ranked one of the US News and World Report’s top facilities for Orthopedics in the nation, and among the most heavily funded research programs by the National Institute of Health, our team is helping to pioneer new treatment for musculoskeletal conditions including new reconstructive procedures, total joint replacements, and spinal fusions. We’re helping to advance medical treatments in orthopedic oncology and trauma. It’s no wonder professional athletes in St. Louis turn to us to ensure quicker recoveries from on-field injuries.
You’ll work with a highly experienced team in a warm, family-like atmosphere of support and encouragement, with:
- Greater autonomy and lower patient-to-nurse assignment
- Advanced Practice Nurses in each unit to help you develop your professional practice
- The additional support of a unit-dedicated charge nurse with no patient assignment
- Dedicated physical and occupational therapists
- Specialty orientation program and mentoring relationships
No other orthopedic facility can offer you the challenges, the resources, the autonomy or the support of a nursing career at Barnes-Jewish. Find the opportunity that’s right for you.