Serves: 8 (1/2 cup serving size)
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- 2 cups regular oats
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine orange juice, honey, and brown sugar in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat just until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in oil an vanilla.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat.
- Spread mixture in a thin layer onto a jell-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes; stir well.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon granola into a bowl; stir in dried cranberries.
- Cool completely.
- Store completely cooled granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Reprinted from Cooking Light, May 2005