Deadline For All Application Materials
January 2, 2015
How To Apply To One Of Our Programs
Candidates must complete and submit an electronic application for the residency program of interest using the ASHP PhORCAS centralized application system. PGY1 and Pharmacotherapy candidates should apply to one of these programs only (either PGY1 or Pharmacotherapy, not both). By January 2, 2015, the following materials must be received through PhORCAS:
- Using PhORCAS, search for the BJH residency program you are interested in, then list it under "Residency Program Designations"
- Within PhORCAS, submit a copy of your curriculum vitae
- A PhORCAS standardized reference form must be completed and submitted by three references. Ideally two references should be clinical clerkship preceptors. The third reference may be either another faculty member or a supervisor at your place of employment.
- PGY1 and Pharmacotherapy candidates: download and complete the combined PGY1 Rotation Summary and Interview Dates Form. Once completed, upload this as a supplemental form within your PhORCAS application.
- For PGY2 applicants only: download and complete the PGY2 Interview Dates Form. Once completed, upload this supplemental form within your PhORCAS application.
PGY1 and Pharmacotherapy Residency Interviews
PGY1 and Pharmacotherapy residency candidates selected for on-site interviews will be contacted. Tentative interview dates for 2014 are:
- January 30, 2015
- February 6, 2015
- February 13, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- February 27, 2015
PGY2 Residency Interviews
PGY2 residency candidates selected for on-site interviews will be contacted. Tentative interview dates for 2015 are:
- February 2, 2015
- February 9, 2015
- February 16, 2015
- February 23, 2015
- March 2, 2015
Conditions for Acceptance
After acceptance into the Barnes-Jewish Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program, the resident must remain an employee and resident in good standing; comply with all hospital policies and screening guidelines; and sign a memorandum of appointment. Copies of these policies can be obtained by contacting:
Jennifer R. Smith, PharmD, MBA, BCPS
Manager of Clinical Services
Program Director, PGY1 Residency
Department of Pharmacy
216 S. Kingshighway Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63110-1026
Pictured above (left to right): Kidney, Liver, Pancreas Transplant Preceptor, Jennifer Hagopian, PharmD, BCPS; Heart Failure/Heart Transplant Preceptor, Jerrica Shuster, PharmD, BCPS; Lung Transplant Preceptor, K. Bennett Bain, PharmD, BCPS.