Learn more about how your hospital can become part of the Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Hospital Stroke Network by e-mailing Tina Ledyard at email@example.com.
- Telemedicine: 24/7 two-way, phone and Internet direct care consulting for patients with stroke and brain hemorrhage. Physicians have immediate access to Washington University vascular neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists and stroke neurologists.
- Coordinated records: both the consultant and local physician have access to patient records and documents
- Collaboration: effective and clear communication between hospitals and EMS providers
- Best practice stroke care: education and training to meet stroke protocol requirements and to establish a standard treatment methodology
- Close access to emergency acute stroke care
- Real-time direct stroke consultation with top-rated vascular neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists and stroke neurologists
- Rapid transfer for acute intervention
- Return to local community for primary care or neurological follow-up or rehabilitation services
- Access to clinical trials with Washington University School of Medicine