The BJC WellAware Center provides a private, secluded room that creates the perfect environment for total relaxation, which includes aromatherapy and soft, relaxing music. Amenities include a locker room with showers, body wash, shampoo, towels and blow dryers.
Types of Massage
- Swedish - Therapeutic
- Sports - Deep Tissue
- Pregnancy - prenatal/postnatal
- Trigger Point
- Chair Massage
- Myofascial - for chronic pain relief or scar tissue
Clients may choose either a table massage, where a full body massage can be performed, or a chair massage, where clients remain fully clothed as therapists work on the most commonly stressed muscles, especially in the neck and shoulders.
Benefits of Massage
General Health Improvements:
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph - improves immune system
- Recovery from stress and anxiety
- Aiding relaxation
- Overall conditioning
- Improved mind and body awareness
Relief of Specific Problems:
- Tension headaches or migraine pain
- Back or shoulder pain
- Lower back pain
- Carpal tunnel
- Excessive tension in muscles
Sports Training & Rehabilitation:
- Speeds healing of overworked or injured muscles
- Helps increase flexibility and mobility in joints
- Works metabolic wastes out of tissues (soreness)
- Relieves muscle spasms
- Helps improve muscle tone
- Supports your sports fitness program
- Relieving leg and back pain
- Reduction in stress hormones and increase of serotonin
- Aiding in breathing exercises
- Reduction of swelling in the legs and arms
- Better sleep and less anxiety
Table massage can be a full body massage or just used to concentrate on specific trouble areas. Inform your therapist of your preference. The WellAware Center provides a private, secluded room that creates the perfect environment for total relaxation, with soft lighting and relaxing music.
- 30 Minutes: $40 member, $45 nonmember
- 60 Minutes: $55 member, $60 nonmember
- 90 Minutes: $75 member, $80 nonmember
90 minute massage is high recommended for most individuals seeking a therapeutic massage.
Hospital Room Massage
For patients unable to travel, our therapists will come to you. Patients must be free of fever and open wounds.
- 30 Minutes: $45/hour
- 60 Minutes: $70/hour
On-Site Chair Massage
Experience the relaxation of a chair massage in your office or special event.
- 60 Minutes $65/hour, 2 hour minimum
The BJC WellAware Center offers its massage therapy services by appointment only.
To make an apointment, or for more information, call (314) 286-0525. A credit card is required to hold an appointment. Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment in order to make payment and change clothing, if necesssary. Off-site chair massage is available for groups through the week by appointment.
We understand that it is not always possible to make scheduled appointments. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid forfeit of deposit. Time allotment for scheduled sessions will not be exceeded, even when a client is late for an appointment.
Helpful Massage Hints
- Dress for your comfort level. There always will be sheets used to cover the parts of the body that the therapist is not working on.
- Let the therapist know which areas need work.
- Alert your therapist about the appropriateness of massage pressure throughout the massage. The therapist will be happy to answer any questions or discuss your concerns. Know that the massage therapist cannot diagnose or treat illnesses.
- Breathe deeply - proper breathing energizes the body and relieves tension.
- Let yourself relax and enjoy!
After Your Massage
Be sure to drink extra water for 24 hours after your massage. Massage works toxins out of tissues and into the circulatory system. Water will help flush the toxins out of the body.
Our Massage Therapists
All of the BJC WellAware Center's massage therapists are licensed and certified by the state of Missouri and nationally in massage therapy. Some have advanced training in various modalities.
BJC WellAware Center - Helping You Look Well, Feel Well, Be Well
600 South Taylor Ave Suite 100
St. Louis, MO 63110
Phone: (314) 286-0525