Many people who have excess weight or obesity have not been able to successfully lose weight with diet and exercise. Washington University physicians at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital and Barnes-Jewish Hospital offer safe, effective options to help people lose weight and keep it off over the long term.
Weight Loss Treatment in St. Louis and Creve Coeur
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, in the St. Louis County suburb of Creve Coeur, is a member of BJC HealthCare, of which Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the flagship hospital. At our two locations, experienced Washington University surgeons and gastroenterologists offer both bariatric surgery and nonsurgical, minimally invasive procedures. Our comprehensive weight loss program also includes supportive services for healthy lifestyle changes.
People throughout the St. Louis area and around the Midwest come to us because we offer:
- Nonsurgical weight loss options: We are the only weight loss program in the St. Louis area that offers every nonsurgical treatment approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Learn more about the nonsurgical procedures for weight loss we offer, including all three intragastric balloon devices, aspiration therapy and endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty.
- Most services on one campus: Most of our patients receive all their weight loss services and care in one place. Our comprehensive program is conveniently located in the St. Louis County suburb of Creve Coeur, with free parking, easy access and a comfortable setting. Our doctors also perform some procedures at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
- Excellent patient outcomes: Our lead bariatric surgeon from Washington University has performed thousands of bariatric procedures. This level of expertise translates to safe, effective care that helps you achieve your weight loss goals. Find out more about the types of bariatric surgery we offer, including gastric bypass and gastric sleeve.
- Nationally recognized expertise: You’re in good hands with our experienced team of bariatric surgeons and gastroenterologists from Washington University. Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital in Creve Coeur and Barnes-Jewish Hospital have earned accreditation as Comprehensive Bariatric Centers from the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) for meeting or exceeding national standards of care.
- Comprehensive care: Your care team works together to coordinate your entire weight loss program, with staff from several disciplines.
Surgical and Nonsurgical Options for Weight Loss
We offer all FDA-approved nonsurgical weight loss treatments, the four major types of bariatric surgery, and supportive services for lifestyle change:
If you’re a physician who has patients with obesity-related conditions, our comprehensive program can help your patients lose weight and keep it off. Through medical treatment and healthy lifestyle modifications, Washington University gastroenterologists, bariatric surgeons and their teams work with you to coordinate your patients’ care.
Find out how referring physicians can collaborate with us to help their patients achieve their health goals.
Sign Up for an Information Session
Before pursuing any procedure, interested patients must attend one of our information sessions, where a Washington University physician will discuss our procedures and explain eligibility. Learn more about our:
To make an appointment with a Washington University bariatrics specialist, call 855.925.0631.