Plastic Surgery has long played an important role at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Dr. Vilray Blair, the first chief of the Division, was one of the founders of the specialty in the United States. His illustrious successors developed an international center for plastic surgical training. The primary goals of the Division, which has 12 full-time faculty members, are patient care, teaching and research. Since 1972, 65 residents have trained in plastic surgery. Thirty-one trainees have gone on to complete fellowships in hand/microvascular or craniofacial surgery.
Susan E. Mackinnon, MD, chief, division of plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery, hand surgery, brachial plexus surgery, nerve compression, nerve transplant
Keith E. Brandt, MD
Ida K. Fox, MD
- Breast reconstructive surgery (specialty in breast reconstruction immediately at the time of mastectomy), microsurgery, soft tissue reconstruction, hand surgery and cosmetic surgery, including body contouring (liposuction), breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck
- General/microsurgical reconstruction, aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, nerve injury/reconstruction, peripheral nerve and hand surgery.
Amy F. Kells, MD
- All aspects of hand and wrist surgery, adult and pediatric traumatic and non-traumatic hand and wrist surgery, general and microsurgical reconstruction, sternal and chest wall reconstruction.
Amy M. Moore
- Complex wrist, hand, peripheral nerve, and brachial plexus surgery for adults and children; upper extremity trauma, distal radius fracture, complex wrist surgery, wrist arthroscopy, peripheral nerve surgery in hand/upper extremity and lower extremity, carpal tunnel syndrome and brachial plexus reconstruction.
Terence Myckatyn, MD
Kamlesh B. Patel
- Craniofacial and pediatric plastic surgery, including the treatment of cleft lip and palate disorders, reconstruction for craniosynostosis and other facial/skull malformations, treatment of moles and vascular malformations, ear reconstruction for children with abnormal or absent ears, and facial trauma reconstruction.
Marissa M. Tenenbaum, MD
- Facial and body cosmetic plastic surgery. Breast surgery including breast reconstruction with implants and patient’s own tissue
Thomas H. Tung, MD
- Microscopic reconstructive surgery, including cancer reconstruction, breast reconstruction, peripheral nerve and hand surgery, and cosmetic surgery, including body contouring (liposuction), breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck
Albert S. Woo, MD
- Craniofacial reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery