Plastic Surgery has long played an important role at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Dr. Vilray Blair, the first chief of the Division, was one of the founders of the specialty in the United States. His illustrious successors developed an international center for plastic surgical training. The primary goals of the Division, which has 12 full-time faculty members, are patient care, teaching and research. Since 1972, 65 residents have trained in plastic surgery. Thirty-one trainees have gone on to complete fellowships in hand/microvascular or craniofacial surgery.
Susan E. Mackinnon, MD, chief, division of plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery, hand surgery, brachial plexus surgery, nerve compression, nerve transplant
Gregory H. Branham, MD
- Reconstruction for facial defects and injuries (including scar revision), Mohs reconstructive surgery, skin cancer surgery, and laser facial surgery, facial cosmetic procedures including rhinoplasty, brow lifts, forehead lifts, eyelid surgery, facelift surgery (rhytidectomy), facial implants, laser resurfacing, botox and collagen therapy, lip augmentation, liposuction of the face and neck, chemical peels and dermabrasion.
Keith E. Brandt, MD
- Breast reconstructive surgery (specialty in breast reconstruction immediately at the time of mastectomy), microsurgery, soft tissue reconstruction, hand surgery and cosmetic surgery, including body contouring (liposuction), breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck
John J. Chi, MD
- Rhinoplasty, forehead lifts, cosmetic surgery of the eyes, brow lifts, cosmetic facelift surgery, cosmetic facial implants, Moh's reconstructive surgery, cosmetic scar revision, skin cancer surgery, laser facial surgery, laser skin resurfacing, cosmetic chemical peels, cosmetic botox, collagen therapy, lip augmentation, liposuction, dermabrasion, facial defects and injury reconstruction, and facial nerve rehabilitation.
Ida K. Fox, MD
- General/microsurgical reconstruction, aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery, nerve injury/reconstruction, peripheral nerve and hand surgery.
Amy F. Kells, MD
- All aspects of hand and wrist surgery, adult and pediatric traumatic and non-traumatic hand and wrist surgery, general and microsurgical reconstruction, sternal and chest wall reconstruction.
Terence Myckatyn, MD
- Body and facial cosmetic surgery, BotoxTM and facial fillers, breast and extremity reconstruction
Kamlesh B. Patel
- Craniofacial and pediatric plastic surgery, including the treatment of cleft lip and palate disorders, reconstruction for craniosynostosis and other facial/skull malformations, treatment of moles and vascular malformations, ear reconstruction for children with abnormal or absent ears, and facial trauma reconstruction.
Marissa M. Tenenbaum, MD
- Facial and body cosmetic plastic surgery. Breast surgery including breast reconstruction with implants and patient’s own tissue
Thomas H. Tung, MD
- Microscopic reconstructive surgery, including cancer reconstruction, breast reconstruction, peripheral nerve and hand surgery, and cosmetic surgery, including body contouring (liposuction), breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck
Albert S. Woo, MD
- Craniofacial reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery