Why Work at Barnes-Jewish?
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center fosters an environment like no other - a culture of excellence that promotes continuous learning, growth and innovation. Our clinical staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the largest hospital in Missouri and consistently earns distinction as one of America's best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll - only a handful of institutions each year receive this elite designation.
We were the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a "Magnet Hospital" by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The key to our success is the dedication of our 9,500 team members. We expect your very best, and in return we offer endless opportunities for career growth anddevelopment. Our mission is to take exceptional care of people by delivering world-class health care in a compassionate, respectful and responsive way. See what this is like in an environment that’s truly inspiring.
ICARE - Our core values
Our team members are committed to upholding these values and behaviors:
- Integrity - I will be positive, honest and committed to our mission.
- Compassion - I will provide exceptional service to patients, visitors and colleagues by listening and responding with empathy.
- Accountability - I will have a strong sense of commitment and ownership.
- Respect - I will treat all patients, visitors and colleagues with dignity and value their diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellence - I will be committed to a culture of excellence.
Click here to view/download our ICARE commitment form, which each team member signs when they begin employment.