It's a challenging time to be a physician. There are more demands on your time, yet the need to provide more individualized patient care has never been stronger.
When you want or need support in patient care, connect with the Washington University physicians at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Whether for a consult or an admission, Barnes-Jewish Hospital physicians are your partners in care, supporting your patient treatment and maintaining timely communication about your patient's status. The result is optimum team care and increased satisfaction for your patients.
To connect you with specialist partners and valuable services, we offer the Doctors' Access Line — a toll-free number reserved exclusively for physicians who want to contact a Washington University School of Medicine specialist at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, a national healthcare leader.
One Call, Many Resources
The Doctors' Access Line is easy and convenient to use. Just call 800-252-DOCS (3627) 24 hours a day, seven days a week to reach this centralized resource. One phone call offers:
- Direct Admissions - You'll be connected to a specialist physician within minutes so your patients can be directly admitted for faster, streamlined care.
- Quick Consultations - You'll receive prompt assistance in identifying an appropriate specialist or in speaking to a specific physician, whether you have questions or want to make a referral. You'll also get accurate, timely information on your patients' care.
- Timely Appointments - Your call to arrange an outpatient appointment results in more efficient care and satisfied patients.
- Long-Distance Ambulance Service - At your request, Barnes-Jewish Hospital can transport your referred patients to us from our rural community hospital partners. This service allows the local ambulance service to stay in the community for other emergencies while offering the patient expert, monitored care during transport.
The Doctors' Access Line also gives you direct access to research studies, information about continuing medical education opportunities and potential speakers for your institution's grand rounds or local CME programs.
An Exclusive Connection for You
By taking advantage of the Doctors' Access Line, you'll save time and make the connections you need to offer your patients direct, expedited admissions and specialized care — so they can return to your care more quickly.
The Doctors' Access Line — a line reserved exclusively for physicians — is an outcomes-oriented, cost-effective resource dedicated to meeting your specific needs. The experienced professional who takes your call will answer your requests quickly and thoroughly to achieve the best outcome for your patient.
To make the connection with your partner, just call 800-252-DOCS (3627). We'll be there.
Call 24-hours a day, seven days a week for:
- Connection to a physician specialist so your patients can be directly admitted for faster, streamlined care.
- Prompt assistance in identifying an appropriate specialist or in speaking to a specific physician.
- Arranging timely outpatient appointments.
- Long-Distance Ambulance Service to Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
- Accurate, timely information on your patients' care.
- Access to research studies, information about continuing medical education opportunities and potential speakers for your institution's grand rounds or local CME programs.
Return to Top