From prevention to diagnostics to treatment, the Barnes-Jewish & Washington University Heart & Vascular Center has the technology, staff and expertise needed for a complete approach to cardiac health care. Our top-ranked, board certified cardiology doctors and physicians are widely recognized as leaders in cardiovascular care.
Modern imaging technology, the latest minimally invasive techniques and a strong foundation in research provide patients with the most innovative treatment options and a level of care that isn’t available anywhere else. U.S. News & World Report
ranks the Heart & Vascular Center as one of the top heart programs in the nation, and we are the only heart program in Missouri and the eight surrounding states nationally ranked among the top 15.
Specialty and subspecialty cardiology care covers:
More Experience Equals Better Care
Research shows that experience matters: The more specialized procedures physicians perform, the more skilled they become. Our cardiologists see large volumes of the most challenging and unique cases:
To make an appointment with a Washington University heart or vascular specialist or a top cardiology doctor in St. Louis at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, call
- More than 2,000 cardiology patients are seen each month
- More than 500 heart transplants since 1985
- More than 300 left ventricular assist devices successfully implanted
- Interventional cardiologists perform more than 4,000 cardiac catheterizations and 1,250 interventional procedures annually
- 1,400 actively followed patients with congenital heart disease