From prevention and diagnosis to treatment and recovery, our cardiology teams provide a comprehensive approach to your heart health. At the Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Heart & Vascular Center, our heart experts are leaders in the field of cardiovascular care.
We use advanced imaging technology and the latest minimally invasive techniques based on a strong foundation in research. Our cardiology teams provide the most innovative treatment options and a level of care that is unmatched in the St. Louis region.
Cardiology in St. Louis: Why Choose Barnes-Jewish Hospital?
Our cardiologists provide nonsurgical care and minimally invasive procedures to diagnose, treat, manage and help prevent heart disease. Our program offers:
- Multidisciplinary team of experts: Our team brings together heart specialists from several fields, including general cardiology, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, critical care and more. We care for thousands of patients each year, building our expertise in diagnosing and treating people with all types and stages of heart disease.
- Focus on prevention and early diagnosis: Each of our cardiologists works closely with you to help reduce your risk of heart disease and cardiac events. With screening, lifestyle changes and advanced cardiac imaging, we monitor your health and detect signs as early as possible. Our thorough approach includes comprehensive evaluation and genetic testing and counseling, when appropriate. Find out more about heart disease prevention and our diagnostic testing for cardiovascular disease.
- Latest minimally invasive treatments: Our interventional cardiologists and electrophysiologists specialize in the most advanced catheter procedures to treat many heart diseases. These procedures need only a tiny incision into a blood vessel with a catheter (long, narrow tube) to access the heart for treatment. Learn more about our minimally invasive procedures in interventional cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology.
- Comprehensive specialty care: At the Heart & Vascular Center, our highly trained cardiologists offer specialized care in programs not commonly found elsewhere. We address every aspect of your heart health needs with dedicated programs for women’s heart disease, sports cardiology, diseases of the aorta and more.
- Leading-edge research: Our cardiologists conduct groundbreaking research to help develop new ways to treat heart diseases of all kinds. Through clinical trials, you have access to new medications and minimally invasive procedures for heart disease. Read about our innovation in cardiovascular disease and clinical trials available through our partnership with Washington University School of Medicine.
Heart and Vascular Surgery at Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Our nationally recognized cardiovascular surgeons and their teams offer exceptional care for people throughout the St. Louis region and surrounding states. We are dedicated to advancing surgery for all types of heart and vascular disease in the communities we serve. Learn more about our specialty care in cardiac surgery and vascular surgery.
To make an appointment with a Washington University cardiologist at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, call 314-362-1291.