At the Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Heart & Vascular Center, our heart surgeons are pioneers in breakthroughs for heart disease treatment. Our expertise in minimally invasive and surgical procedures is unmatched in Missouri and the surrounding region. Whatever heart condition you have, we have an expert who can help you.
Heart Surgery: Why Choose Barnes-Jewish Hospital?
Our cardiac surgeons have decades of experience offering the best in heart surgery. People come to us from surrounding states and beyond because we offer:
- Expert team: Our multidisciplinary program includes board-certified specialists in cardiac and cardiothoracic surgery, cardiology, interventional cardiology and electrophysiology. By caring for thousands of patients every year, we’ve developed expertise in diagnosing and treating people with all types and stages of heart disease. Read about the heart diseases we treat with surgery.
- Complete range of treatments: Our heart teams offer all available surgical and minimally invasive procedures for heart diseases. We have years of experience using these treatments through our participation in research and clinical trials. Our team provides every aspect of care, including minimally invasive procedures, open-heart surgery, implantable devices and heart transplants. Learn more about our cardiac surgery options.
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities: Our experienced sonographers and other technicians use the latest imaging technology to help doctors determine a diagnosis. Our thorough approach includes genetic testing and counseling, when appropriate, to help guide care decisions for you and your family. Find out more about our diagnostics and testing process.
- Patient-centered approach: Your care team is always available, from answering your questions to walking you to an appointment. When you’re in our hospital, our patient navigator ensures that you get the care you need during your stay and after discharge. Learn more about the cardiac surgery patient journey.
- Groundbreaking research: Our cardiac surgeons and other heart specialists help develop new ways to use surgery to treat heart diseases of all kinds. Through research, you have access to new mechanical heart devices and surgical techniques. Read about our innovation in cardiovascular disease and clinical trials available through our partnership with the Washington University School of Medicine.
Heart and Vascular Specialties at Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Our world-class doctors, surgeons and their teams offer the highest levels of care available in the St. Louis region and beyond. As faculty at Washington University School of Medicine, our teams play a lead role in advancing heart and vascular care for the communities we serve. Learn more about our specialty care in cardiology and vascular surgery.
To make an appointment with a Washington University heart specialist at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, call 888-230-8832.