Thank you for choosing Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience for patients and their families.
Office of Patient & Family Affairs
Should you or your family have a question or concern about your experience at our hospital, we would like to hear from you. Help us see things through your eyes as we strive to deliver exceptional care to our patients.
We suggest you first discuss your concern with your nurse, the department manager, or your doctor. If the concern remains unresolved the office of Patient & Family Affairs staff is available Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm to help you.
If you let us know about your concern, two things will happen:
1. You will give us the opportunity to solve your problem
2. In solving your problem, we learn how to provide better service
Patient Liaisons are available to maintain positive relations for patients and their families. The patient liaison can answer questions about hospital policies, encourage communication between hospital departments, and champion patient rights. The patient liaison will:
• Assist with understanding the teaching-hospital environment (answer questions, explain policies, connect with appropriate staff)
• Provide a link between the hospital, patient and families, especially in areas of conflict resolution concerning treatment or care
• Provide a formal mechanism for the investigation, resolution and recording of a patient complaint
• Respond to concerned patients in a timely manner
• Maintain confidentiality of all files and allow access only to person appropriately involved in the resolution of the concern
• Make recommendations for improvement based on patient and family feedback
You may contact us at (314) 362-5196 Monday through Friday 8 am-5 pm, email a liaison at email@example.com
, or stop by the office of Patient & Family Affairs on the main floor of South campus and the third floor of the Center for Advanced Medicine. In the evenings or on weekends, please call the hospital operator at (314) 362-5000 and ask for a nursing supervisor.
While visiting patients at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, the hospital’s concierge representatives are available to help assist you with information, services and special requests, including:
Concierge assistance is offered at no charge. Services provided by outside vendors may include a fee. Concierge representatives are located at the information desks on the hospital’s South campus and in the Center for Advanced Medicine, and can be reached by calling (314) 362-5194 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a request that is not included in the information provided above, please contact a concierge representative at one of the hospital’s information desks or call (314) 362-5194. We are happy to help.
There are two concierge services offices on campus. Both offer, at no charge, internet service, printing, copying, email, faxing, phones and notary public services. Patients and families can check out laptops and DVD players from our concierge services offices at no charge. We also offer a variety of puzzles, books and magazines to use during your hospital stay, in addition to providing general information about local lodging, restaurants and attractions.
The Office of Patient & Family Affairs and Concierge Services are located in the same office, in two locations in the hospital:
South Campus Office
(Located on the main level behind the central elevators)
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Phone: (314) 362-5196
North Campus Office
(Located in the Center for Advanced Medicine, 3rd floor, behind the information desk)
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m.- 5 .p.m.
Phone: (314) 362-5194