The Pain Management Center
The Pain Management Center is a leader in the multidisciplinary approach to the management of chronic pain, and is located in the Center for Advanced Medicine at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Patients must be referred by their primary care physician or a specialist currently involved in their care.
The Pain Management Center was established to provide relief for those who suffer from chronic and acute pain. Patients receive individualized treatment and the most advanced services available.
The primary goals of treatment include:
- Decreasing pain
- Increasing mobility
- Diminishing dependency on pain medication
- Decreasing medical complications of pain
- Decreasing length of hospital stays and frequency of visits
- Allowing patients to be involved in their own pain management
The Pain Management Center is staffed by five board-certified Washington University anesthesiologists and a psychologist, who coordinate patient care through regularly scheduled pain management patient conferences. Additional information including patient education and other videos on conditions and procedures are available at pain.wustl.edu.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- When the clinic is closed, patients may call 314.362.8820. If you call this number, you will hear a message that tells you how to reach a doctor if you have a problem that cannot wait until the clinic is open.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule an appointment?
Please call the center at 314.362.8820 Monday-Friday, between 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.