This half-day course will provide an overview of dysphagia management from a variety of physician perspectives. Our guest speakers will discuss the impact that speech language pathologist (SLP) dysphagia recommendations and education have on overall clinical care for patient diagnoses across different medical specialties. The speakers will also highlight the importance of the SLP consult recommendations for other outside specialties’ involvement. The participants will receive education regarding the importance of SLP involvement for complex patients across specialties including palliation/end-of-life.
||November 5, 2022
||8 a.m.—12:30 p.m.
- Free for BJH Rehab Employees
- $20 for BJC employees including BJC collaborative hospitals
- $60 for non-BJC employees
Deadline to register
October 28, 2022
Speech- language pathologists who provide rehabilitation to patients with dysphagia in a variety of settings.
4 contact hours
- 7:30-8 a.m. Registration
- 8-9 a.m. Dysphagia in Connective Tissue Disorders
- 9-10 a.m. An ENT’s Perspective: Dysphagia
- 10-10:15 a.m. Break
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Approach to Dysphagia: Structural and Motor Esophageal Disorders
- 11:15-12:15 p.m. Palliative Care and SLP Collaboration for Dysphagia Management: Best Practices for Patients and Their Families
- 12:15-12:30 p.m. Closure
Contact: Cindy Ferguson, 314-362-2389 or [email protected]