Did You Know...?
- The Foundation's Cancer Frontier Fund, supported by donors to the illumination Gala and Pedal the Cause, has supported more than 30 groundbreaking cancer research projects in the past five years.
- In 2014, 2,600 riders raised $2.8 million to support cancer research at the Siteman Cancer Center and St. Louis Children's Hospital.
- Donor gifts allowed a young girl to spend her 12th birthday with her father while he was at Barnes-Jewish Hospital for nearly two months following heart transplant surgery. The family lived several hours away and had very limited income to travel back and forth. This was particularly hard on this little girl who missed her father terribly. Thankfully, gifts to the Foundation helped the family with gas, lodging and food so the birthday girl could celebrate surrounded by her family, including her father.
- Each year, Barnes-Jewish Hospital distributes more than 30,000 flu shots to keep our community healthier. These community flu shots are made possible through gifts to the Foundation.
- Last year, more than 90% of graduates of Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College passed the National Council Licensure Examination, greatly exceeding national and Missouri averages. Gifts to the Foundation support nursing scholarships at Goldfarb so more exceptionally trained nurses are available to care for patients in our community.
SUPPORT THE FOUNDATION FOR BARNES-JEWISH HOSPITAL