Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 2 14-oz cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 2-lb roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth and water, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and chicken and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
© 2012 Eating Well Inc. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission.