Serves: 4 Appetizer Salads or 2 Entrée Salads
Nutrition Facts (per appetizer salad):
Ingredients for Chinese Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 tsp. Dry Chinese or English (Coleman’s) mustard
- 1/8 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. light sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Chicken Salad:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 small heads, or 1 medium head Napa cabbage
- 2 c. romaine lettuce, cut into 1/4 in. julienne strips
- 15 snow peas, cut into 1/4 inch julienne strips
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Place all vinaigrette ingredients, except peanut oil, in a blender and blend until smooth. Add peanut oil slowly, and correct the seasonings.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Spray nonstick pan with Pam and cook chicken breasts.
- Select 4 to 8 nice looking leaves from the Napa cabbage and reserve them. Slice the remaining cabbage into 1/4 in. julienne strips.
- Slice the breasts as fine as possible.
- Combine the chicken, cabbage, romaine, and snow peas in a bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat the salad nicely.
- Presentation: Arrange the reserved Napa cabbage leaves around the edge of the serving plate. Mound the salad in the center and sprinkle it with sesame seeds.
Recipe by: Chef Cary McDowell, Wolfgang Puck Catering