Nutrition Facts (per serving):
||86 mg (can vary depending on low-sodium beans)
- 1 cup Quinoa, washed and drained
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of two fresh limes
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed (no sodium, or dry beans)
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Dash of pepper to taste
- Wash and rinse quinoa. Bring water and quinoa to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer covered until all water is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes). Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Combine cooled quinoa, beans, tomatoes and green onions in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil dressing over salad and toss in cilantro. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.