Serves: 32 appetizers
Serving size: 2 appetizers
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted and peeled (about 1 pound)
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, roasted and peeled (about 1 pound)
- 2/3 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette, toasted
- Cut bell peppers into 1 x ¼ -inch julienne strips. Combine bell pepper strips and next 6 ingredients in a bowl. Cover bell pepper mixture, and let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Spoon about 1 Tablespoon bell pepper mixture onto each bread slice. Yield: 32 appetizers (serving size: 2 appetizers)
Note: Your may substitute 1/3 cup sliced green olives and 1/3 cup sliced black olives for kalamata olives, if desired.
Reprinted from Cooking Light Holiday Cookbook, 2005