If your physician is part of a BJC HealthCare hospital or facility, the transfer of radiology images and reports is a seamless process that requires no intervention by the patient. We will send an electronic transfer directly to your physician within 24 hours of your radiology test. If your physician is outside of our system, we can put your images on a CD to be shared with them.
How to Request Radiology Images
If you need to bring your images to another physician, we are happy to provide you with a CD containing images from any testing done at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. You may pick up the CD in person or have it mailed to you. For either option, you must first fill out the following release form:
- Please print the Authorization for Release of Information Form and complete the highlighted sections on Page 1 of the form:
- Date of birth
- Date(s) of treatment
- Release or mail to (patient, physician or institution information)
- For the purpose of (follow-up, second opinion, treatment)
- Signature, date and time
- Return both Pages 1 and 2 to the Radiology Department.
Pick up radiology images in person
To obtain your images in person, you will need to go to:
Center for Advanced Medicine (CAM)
Floor 2 – Film Library
4921 Parkview Place
St. Louis, MO 63108
Please bring the following information with you when you go:
- Completed Authorization for Release of Information Form: Picking up in person usually takes 10 to 15 minutes. To help speed up this process, you may choose to fax this form in advance to 314.454.5262 or call ahead to 314.454.8930.
- Photo ID: If someone other than yourself will be picking up the CD, you must include a handwritten or typed note stating the following:
- Statement: I hereby authorize (name of person picking up the CD) to pick up my health information from Barnes-Jewish Hospital Radiology.
- Exam information: Date and type of radiology exam
- Date: Date the letter was prepared
- Signature: Signature of the patient
Have images mailed to your home
If you would prefer to have the CD of your images sent directly to your home, please complete the highlighted portions of the Authorization for Release of Information Form and fax it to 314.454.5262 or mail to:
One Barnes-Jewish Hospital Plaza
Department of Radiology
Attention: North Campus Film Library
Mailstop # 90-33-682
St. Louis, MO 63110
If you choose to have the CD mailed to you, please make sure to print the correct home address in the “Release or Mail To” section of the authorization form to ensure you receive your images in a timely manner.
If you have any questions about your images, how to get them to your doctor or how to pick them up yourself, please call us at 314.362.7111
or toll free 877.992.7111