Barnes-Jewish Hospital's and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital’s mission is to take exceptional care of people. We believe we can take exceptional care of the people in our community by helping to support organizations with missions and goals that align with ours. Each year, many non-profit community organizations request charitable contributions directly to their programs, as well as sponsorships of dinners, runs/walks or health fairs. Please read the following guidelines before completing the request form below.
Charitable contributions and sponsorships must link to community health improvement in the St. Louis region and align with our mission, vision, values and strategic priorities.
The following guidelines describe our submission and review process of all requests:
The following conditions must be met:
- All requests for financial support must be submitted by completing the form below.
- Financial support will only be given to 501(c) non-profit organizations in good standing.
- Financial support will not be given to individual participants in a fundraising event or activity.
If the organization/event meets the above criteria, it must answer “yes” to at least one of the questions below. Preference will be given to those requests where the answer is “yes” to more than just one question:
Will the charitable contribution or sponsorship:
- Address on of the following community health needs:
- Access to health care services
- Obesity prevention, nutrition and physical activity
- Mental and behavioral health, substance abuse
- Public safety and violence prevention
- Serve diverse and underserved populations and/or raise awareness around racial equity and social determinants of health that impact health disparities in our St. Louis region?
- Support our neighborhoods – Central West End, Forest Park Southeast, the City of St. Louis – to keep our immediate community economically and socially thriving?
- Support our leadership team’s community involvement when they represent Barnes-Jewish Hospital on community boards and coalitions that contribute to or benefit our organization?
- Provide Barnes-Jewish Hospital with an opportunity to communicate the message of our mission, vision, values and strategic priorities?
If this minimum requirement is met, consideration of the request will be made based on the following:
- Geographic Reach/Size of Audience: The event/activity reaches a desirable target audience in our service area such as consumers, physicians, potential donors and community and government leaders. The larger the target audience reached, the better value provided.
- Exclusivity: If Barnes-Jewish Hospital is asked to be a major sponsor, the number of major sponsors must be limited. Ideally, Barnes-Jewish Hospital would be the only health care or hospital sponsor.
- Public Relations/Political Sensitivities: Participation in the event will leave a good impression within the community.
- On-Site Involvement: There is an opportunity for on-site involvement at the event including:
- Opportunity for Barnes-Jewish Hospital leadership to be present and interact with community leaders, donors or other stakeholders.
- Opportunity to provide an informational table, provide an interactive activity such as a screening, or provide an educational talk.
- Value: The event/activity provides good promotional value for the dollars invested.
REVIEW AND APPROVAL PROCESS
- We ask that requests be submitted at least four months in advance to allow us the best possibility in assisting you.
- Requests that are received less than four months in advance risk being excluded from consideration.
- Because we receive a large volume of requests, please allow us 10 business days to contact you regarding your request.
- Please be advised that we may not be able to fulfill every sponsorship request we receive, even if the request meets our criteria.
Questions about our sponsorship process and criteria may be directed to the community outreach department at CommunityOutreach@bjc.org
As a 501(C)(3), we are required to receive acknowledgment of our contribution pursuant to Section 170(f)(8) of the Internal Revenue Code. For tax purposes, contributions exceeding the fair market value of the goods or services are tax deductible. Documentation of this acknowledgement must be provided in a letter when the financial contribution is received.