Our transplant team sees some of the most complex cases yet achieves some of the greatest outcomes.
Our team at the Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Transplant Center consist of more than 40 doctors and surgeons who perform 430 solid-organ transplants a year on average, making us one of the largest organ transplant centers in the nation.
We provide a unified, comprehensive approach to transplant patient care in each of our solid organ transplant programs. Through the use of the latest technology and research, we are able to provide our patients more life saving treatment options with the best possible outcomes that meet or exceed national average.
National leaders in organ transplant research and innovation
- Development of 3-D liver surgery planning system for resections, including live donor liver surgery
- Created a living donor clinic in which staff provides follow up care for kidney donors to ensure they remain healthy and manage patients living with one kidney
- Continuing to prospectively study the effects of normal blood sugars after pancreas transplants on reversing gastroparesis
- Multidisciplinary approach with capabilities and expertise in heart-kidney, heart-lung and heart-liver transplantation
- Digestive disorders
- Kidney disorders
- Heart and heart surgery
- Respiratory disorders
- Diabetes and endocrine disorders
From organ transplant surgery to medical management of advanced organ failure, we partner with with referring physicians to deliver the best care available. For referring physicians, call the Doctor's Access Line 800.252.3627
To make an appointment
with a Washington University organ transplant specialist at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and learn how transplant can be a life saving option, call [Dynamic_Phone_Number]
Learn MoreAbout the Transplant Specialist in Our Videos
Jason Wellen, MD discusses what makes the kidney- pancreatic transplant program one of the best in the nation.
Jeff Crippin, MD explains the multidisciplined and collaborative approach to liver disease treatments at the Transplant Center.