From prevention to diagnostics to treatment, the Barnes-Jewish & Washington University Heart & Vascular Center has the technology, staff and expertise needed for a complete approach to cardiac health care. Our top-ranked, board certified cardiology doctors and physicians are widely recognized as leaders in cardiovascular care.
Modern imaging technology, the latest minimally invasive techniques and a strong foundation in research provide patients with the most innovative treatment options and a level of care that isn’t available anywhere else.
Specialty and subspecialty cardiology care covers:
- Echocardiography and electrophysiology
- Heart transplant treatment
More Experience Equals Better Care
Research shows that experience matters: The more specialized procedures physicians perform, the more skilled they become. Our cardiologists see large volumes of the most challenging and unique cases:
- More than 2,000 cardiology patients are seen each month
- More than 500 heart transplants since 1985
- More than 300 left ventricular assist devices successfully implanted
- Interventional cardiologists perform more than 4,000 cardiac catheterizations and 1,250 interventional procedures annually
- 1,400 actively followed patients with congenital heart disease
To make an appointment with a Washington University heart or vascular specialist or a top cardiology doctor in St. Louis at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, call 855.925.0631.