APPLICATION PROCESS FOR GRADUATE NURSES
If you are currently enrolled in nursing school or recently graduated, you are invited to apply to our Graduate Nurse job opening, which can be found on the BJC Career site.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Barnes-Jewish Hospital hires Graduate Nurses year-round depending on the availability of positions that consider new graduates.
To be considered for an RN position at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, new graduate candidates must apply online to the continuous Graduate Nurse job opening. This position is updated twice a year – once for January to June graduates and once for July to December graduates.
A new graduate is a registered nurse with less than one year of experience working as an RN.
Upon graduation, all applicants must meet the requirements to obtain an RN license.
TIPS FOR APPLYING
- New graduates should read the job description of each posting prior to submitting an application to ensure they meet the desired qualifications.
- When choosing your areas of interest, please keep in mind that our Critical Care, Women and Infants, and Emergency Department have limited openings for new graduates.
- Please list your top three areas of clinical interest on your resume and submit along with your application.
- Licensure: To find out more information about participating compact states, visit the National Council of State Boards of Nursing website.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU APPLY
- A Talent Acquisition Specialist will contact you to schedule a time to speak about your interests. This initial contact should occur, most times, within 48 hours of your application being submitted.
- Once you have scheduled a time and spoken with the specialist, your information will be given to the appropriate Talent Acquisition Specialist. The specialist will follow up with you to discuss staff nurse openings and potential next steps. At this time, you will also be sent an email link to begin the reference checking process.
- Should an interview be scheduled, you will be brought in to shadow in the department and interview with the Clinical Nurse Manager or the leadership on the floor.
- After completing your interview, a decision should be made quickly and you will be contacted to discuss next steps.
If you would like to check the status of your application, please log in to your account using the same username and password as you did to apply. Click on My Activities and you will see positions for which you have applied. View your application status