Experience Critical Care At Its Finest
The specialty residency in critical care is a 12-month, ASHP-accredited PGY2 residency. It is designed to provide a diverse experience in caring for medical, surgical, neurocritical care, and cardiothoracic / vascular critical care while focusing on the needs of the individual resident. The program will help develop critical care pharmacists proficient in providing direct and indirect patient care as a member of the interdisciplinary care team. Additionally, the resident will learn to perform research, participate in medical emergencies, and educate other pharmacists, healthcare professionals, and students. This PGY2 residency participates in the ASHP residency match program.
- Bone Marrow / Stem Cell Transplant Unit
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Intensive Care Unit
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Intensive Care Unit
- Neurosurgery/Neurology Intensive Care Unit
- Surgical/ Burn/ Trauma Intensive Care Unit
Elective opportunities in other practice areas are available and may be completed based on specific interests of the resident, time permitting. These include but are not limited to infectious diseases, medical oncology, solid organ transplant, and neonatal intensive care unit.
- Completed PhORCAS application
- Pharmacy school transcripts
- Three PhORCAS standardized reference forms (at least two rotation preceptors)
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital interview request form
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacy, successful completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 residency, and eligible for licensure in Missouri with MTS certification is required.
Number of Positions
One per year
Gabrielle Gibson, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP
Program Director, PGY2 Critical Care Residency
Department of Pharmacy
One Barnes-Jewish Hospital Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63110-1026
E-mail: [email protected]