WHAT IS CENTERINGPREGNANCY®?
CenteringPregnancy is a program where pregnant women receive their prenatal care, support and education in a group with other moms who are due around the same time.
WHY DO MOMS LIKE CENTERING® GROUPS?
- You don’t have to wait in the waiting room for your appointment. Just come right in and join the group.
- You get to spend more time with your provider. She does your prenatal checkups with you privately, and will also be in your group with you.
- Other women who are due around the same time as you will be in your group. You might have a lot in common with each other.
WHAT DO MOMS TALK ABOUT DURING CENTERING GROUPS?
Moms and their support people get the chance to talk about topics such as:
- How your body changes and your baby grows
- Healthy relationships
- Labor and birth
- Birth control choices
- Safe sleep for your baby
- Being a great parent
WHO SHOULD GO TO CENTERING PREGNANCY?
- Moms with low-risk pregnancies
- Partners, friends and family members of moms in a Centering group
CenteringPregnancy groups meet every other Tuesday morning at the OB/GYN Clinic at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, on the 3rd floor of the Center for Outpatient Health.
Get directions and parking information
The Barnes-Jewish Hospital OB/GYN Clinic is approved by the Centering Healthcare Institute to offer CenteringPregnancy.