When it comes to your health, you want the best minds looking out for you. The Women & Infant Center doctors and nurses have exceptional qualifications to find the answers and provide the care you need.
Advanced Training in Medical Specialties
Our Women & Infants providers have a wide breadth of expertise, covering all aspects of women’s and infant’s health issues. Our doctors are all board certified or board eligible, meaning that they have taken rigorous optional exams and completed several additional years of fellowship training in their subspecialties. They are leaders and innovators in their fields, educating and training future doctors, and are consistently conducting cutting-edge research so our patients have access to the most recent advancements in medicine.
Comprehensive Experience Focused on Women’s Health
In the St. Louis area, the Women & Infants Center houses one of the largest facilities for women’s health services and care for sick infants. Through the Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s partnership, we are able to provide one of the most comprehensive teams of specialists that can offer a continuum of care from birth to adulthood. Our physicians work together to provide accurate diagnosis and an individualized treatment plan to ensure you and your baby’s health and wellbeing.
Our Women & Infants Center Team includes:
- Anesthesiologists to keep women, moms and babies comfortable, safe and pain-free during surgery or labor by administering anesthesia
- Fetal surgeons to treat birth defects in fetuses who are still in the womb
- Gynecologic surgeons to perform minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Gynecologic oncologists to diagnose and treat gynecologic cancers
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists to oversee high-risk pregnancy conditions and fetal conditions
- Neonatologists to provide care for babies born prematurely or in need of specialized care at birth
- Nurses devoted to caring for women, moms and babies with specialized training
- Nurse coordinators to take special care of you and guide you through your baby’s medical challenges and care
- Obstetrician-gynecologists to care for women’s gynecologic health and pregnancies
- Reproductive endocrinologists to diagnose and treat infertility
- Pediatric specialists, like pediatric cardiologists, pediatric neurologists and pediatric surgeons, to collaborate and create the best treatment plan for babies in need of specialized care
- Pelvic floor physical therapists who are specially trained in ways to strengthen muscles in the pelvis
- Ultrasound and Prenatal Genetic Specialists to provide high-quality obstetrical and gynecological ultrasounds (imaging using sound waves) and genetic testing to diagnose and monitor health conditions and pregnancies
- Urogynecologists to help women with pelvic floor disorders and incontinence
To make an appointment with a Washington University specialist at the Women & Infants Center, call 855.925.0631.