If the baby you’re carrying has a serious illness or genetic defect, you want a highly experienced team of experts caring for you and your baby. The Fetal Care Center at the Women & Infants Center combines the expertise of specialists in high-risk pregnancy, fetal surgery and newborn and pediatric care. We offer collaborative, compassionate and specialized care for babies diagnosed in the womb with serious conditions.
Experienced Prenatal and Pediatric Care at the Fetal Care Center
Our team includes specially trained maternal-fetal medicine specialists from Barnes-Jewish Hospital and nationally ranked newborn medicine and pediatric specialists from St. Louis Children’s Hospital. We are here for you from diagnosis through delivery and follow-up care.
Our highly trained physicians and their teams represent every maternal and pediatric medical specialty you or your baby may need for comprehensive, high-quality care. Our Fetal Care Center team members include:
- Fetal heart specialists: Pediatric cardiologists, most with expertise in fetal echocardiography, a special ultrasound test to evaluate the heart of a fetus
- Fetal surgeons/interventionists: Surgeons who specialize in surgical interventions to treat or repair birth defects in unborn babies still in the womb
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists: Obstetricians who specialize in caring for women with high-risk pregnancies
- Newborn medicine specialists: Specially trained pediatricians called neonatologists who specialize in caring for babies who are born prematurely or who need specialized care at birth
- Nurse coordinators: Specially trained nurses who help guide parents through the numerous tests, screenings and medical appointments
- Pediatric subspecialists: St. Louis Children’s Hospital doctors in every specialty your child may need such as pediatric neurology and neurosurgery, pediatric nephrology, and pediatric urology
- Pediatric surgeons: Surgeons who specialize in newborn and infant health conditions
- Ultrasound and genetic specialists: Obstetricians-gynecologists and sonographers who perform ultrasounds and genetic tests and make prenatal diagnoses
To make an appointment with a fetal care team specialist at the Women & Infants Center, call 888.998.3890.