Having a baby is one of the most memorable experiences of your life. At the Women & Infants Center, you will receive compassionate care from a highly skilled team. We work closely with you and your family to help you have the childbirth experience you desire.
Women & Infants Center Pregnancy and Childbirth Services: Why Choose Us?
Our Center at the newly constructed Barnes-Jewish Hospital Parkview Tower provides not only the latest technology, but also comfortable, private rooms and therapeutic aids such as labor tubs, labor bars and birthing balls. Our experienced obstetricians, maternity nurses and high-risk pregnancy team can care for women with all types of pregnancies.
After labor, your newborn will receive the best possible care from our newborn medicine team of neonatologists, nurses and pediatricians. If your baby needs specialized care, our Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is connected to labor and delivery. You can feel confident that our expertly trained team will provide advanced care for you and your baby.
When you give birth at the Women & Infants Center, you’ll benefit from:
- Patient- and family-centered care: We focus on you and your family throughout your pregnancy and during labor and delivery. That means that our expert staff listens to your birthing plan and does everything possible to make sure you have the birthing experience you want.
- Breadth of services: We offer a wide range of care and support for all types of pregnancies and deliveries, from thorough prenatal care to specialized services for high-risk pregnancies. We also provide perinatal behavioral health services, including individual or couples therapy, screening and care for postpartum depression, and psychiatry services.
- Classes and facility tours: Our experienced labor and delivery nurses offer a variety of classes for you and your partner. Topics include how to prepare for childbirth, caring for your baby, breastfeeding and introducing an older child to a new sibling. We also offer free tours of the Women & Infants Center. Learn more about and register for our classes and facility tours.
- Baby-Friendly hospital: The Women & Infants Center has earned designation as a Baby-Friendly hospital. That means that we do all we can to support mothers’ efforts to breastfeed, which enhances baby/mother bonding. For women who choose to breastfeed, we have certified lactation specialists on site seven days per week for individual counseling and education.
- Highly skilled doctors: All our obstetrician-gynecologists are board certified. You can feel confident that you will receive high-quality care from doctors who meet nationally recognized standards for experience and skills in their specialty. Many of our obstetrician-gynecologists are researchers who are recognized as leaders in their field, with several named in the Best Doctors in America list.
- Expert prenatal tests and screening: Our ultrasound and genetics specialists provide accurate, safe prenatal tests to help you learn more about your baby’s development and health. Our team is one of the most experienced in the St. Louis region.
- Access to pediatric specialists and a Level IV newborn intensive care unit (NICU): If your newborn needs specialized care, our Level IV NICU is connected to labor and delivery. Your baby will receive the highest level of care available, with easy visiting access for you and your family.
- Amenities with the comforts of home: When you arrive at the Women & Infants Center to give birth, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible. That’s why we offer private birthing suites and mother-baby rooms, many with views of nearby Forest Park. You and your visitors can also enjoy the maternity rooftop garden.