When you or your unborn baby has a serious health condition, you need a team of experts who are skilled in fetal and maternal care. Our high-risk pregnancy specialists at the Women & Infants Center provide comprehensive and compassionate care.
We bring together world-class experts from three nationally-ranked medical institutions: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children’s Hospital and Washington University Physicians.
Our team of high-risk pregnancy experts guides you every step of the way. We want you to feel confident in making educated decisions for you and your unborn child.
Meet Your High-Risk Pregnancy Team
Your high-risk pregnancy team members include:
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists: Obstetrician-gynecologists who have advanced training in treating high-risk pregnancy conditions and fetal conditions
- Obstetrician-gynecologists: Doctors who partner with maternal-fetal medicine specialists to ensure a safe labor and delivery
- Sonographers: Specialists who focus exclusively on high-risk pregnancy tests, such as obstetrical and gynecological ultrasounds
- Neonatologists: Pediatricians with advanced training in caring for ill or premature newborns
- Pediatric specialists: Heart doctors, neurosurgeons and other experts who treat specific conditions in infants and children
- Genetic counselors: Experts who provide insight into genetic tests for inherited conditions
- Nurses: Nursing specialists with training in obstetrics-gynecology and high-risk pregnancies
- Social workers: Team members specially trained to help with the emotional and financial difficulties that often accompany a high-risk pregnancy
- Perinatal behavioral health counselors: Psychiatric experts who provide emotional support for families coping with a high-risk pregnancy or critically ill infant
To make an appointment with a Washington University maternal-fetal medicine specialist at the Women & Infants Center, call 855.925.0631.