If you or your unborn baby is at risk for health complications, the maternal-fetal medicine specialists at our Women & Infants Center provide specialized care. Our goal is to protect your health and the health of your unborn baby.
Women & Infants Center: Why Choose Us?
When a serious health condition affects you or your unborn baby, you need specialists who excel in fetal and maternal care. The high-risk pregnancy experts at the Women & Infants Center provide exceptional maternal and fetal care while trying to conceive, throughout your pregnancy and after childbirth. Learn more about the Women & Infants Center.
About Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Maternal-fetal medicine specialists are obstetrician-gynecologists who have specialized training in diagnosing and treating pregnancy complications and fetal conditions. At the Women & Infants Center, our experts care for more than 1,000 women with high-risk pregnancies each year.
Maternal-fetal medicine services at the Women & Infants Center include:
- Preconception counseling: If you have a chronic health condition or had a previous high-risk pregnancy, our team will work with you to make your pregnancy as safe as possible.
- Diagnostic tests: We perform a large volume of high-risk pregnancy tests, which gives us special expertise in diagnosing conditions that affect pregnant women and their unborn babies. Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists are with you during your ultrasounds. We quickly provide information about your unborn baby’s condition and treatment options.
- Maternal health: We carefully monitor expectant women who have chronic health problems that increase the risk of pregnancy complications. Learn more about high-risk pregnancy conditions.
- Care for multiple babies: Carrying two or more babies increases the risk for preterm labor and fetal growth problems. Our doctors are highly experienced in caring for multiple babies.
- Treatments: Our Fetal Care Center is among a select few in the country with the skillset to perform complex surgical procedures on an unborn baby. We also offer a range of treatment options for both moms-to-be and their unborn babies.
- Postpartum care: We provide care for new moms who develop complications after delivery, such as heavy bleeding, blood infections, surgical complications or seizures.
To make an appointment with a Washington University maternal-fetal medicine specialist at the Women & Infants Center, call 855.925.0631.