Our Level IV Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) located in St. Louis Children's Hospital provides the highest level of care with nationally ranked services and expert staff to care for the sickest of babies. A neonataologist is available in the NICU 24 hours, 7 days a week, ready to provide the best and most immediate care possible.
About the St. Louis Children’s Hospital NICU
Our NICU provides expert, world-class care for premature and sick newborns in need of highly specialized care. We offer:
- Advanced care: Ours is a Level IV NICU, which provides the highest level of newborn care possible. No other NICU in the St. Louis region offers more comprehensive care.
- Family focus: Our patient families are important members of the care team. We encourage parents to ask questions, make requests, become involved in discharge planning, and learn all they can about the care and treatment of their baby.
- National experts: The newborn care at St. Louis Children's Hospital is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report and includes specialists from all pediatric subspecialties who care for hundreds of newborns each year.
- Specialized team: The NICU is staffed by specially trained physicians, nurses and therapists expert in caring for sick newborns and nationally known surgical and medical specialists expert in treating heart, brain, spinal cord and kidney conditions. Our NICU is the only one in the region that draws on the expertise of a team of neonatal neurologists, who lead and participate in national clinical trials and make cutting edge interventions accessible to our patients.
- Convenience and safety: When you deliver at the Women & Infants Center, you can have comfort knowing the NICU is connected to labor and delivery. By providing medical care for moms and newborns in the same location, we keep mom and baby close and there is no need for fragile babies to be transported in an ambulance or helicopter.
Learn more about and take a tour of the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St. Louis Children's Hospital.