At the Women & Infants Center, we are committed to partnering with referring physicians and healthcare providers to deliver the best possible outcomes for your patients and their babies.
Refer Your Patients to the Women & Infants Center
We bring together world-class providers, advanced technology and a commitment to compassionate care to provide top-quality service. While your patients are receiving treatment with us, we will:
- Support your patient treatment plan
- Maintain timely communication with you about your patient's status
How to Make a Referral
To make a referral or schedule an appointment or consult, whether emergent or non-emergent, call 855.747.5300, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This toll-free number is exclusively for physicians and medical providers who want to contact specialists at the Women & Infants Center.
When you call us, you’ll receive:
- Prompt assistance in identifying an appropriate specialist or speaking to a specific doctor
- Referrals, appointments or urgent consults with specialists at the Fetal Care Center or Women & Infants Center
- Assistance in arranging timely outpatient appointments
- Transport service for pregnant women and newborns via Maternal-Fetal or Newborn Transport Services
- Accurate, timely information on your patients' care
Download Patient Referral Forms
To expedite the referral process, you can download PDF versions of Women & Infants referral forms. This page also lists the fax numbers for each department to send the appropriate form.
Fetal Care Center
- for comprehensively supportive care for any patient with suspected or confirmed fetal diagnosis
Maternal Fetal Medicine/ Ob Ultrasound
- for traditional care for privately insured patients with maternal indication
High-Risk OB Clinic, Teen Pregnancy Center or the Center for Diabetic Pregnancy
- for comprehensively supportive, safety net care for publicly insured and uninsured patients with maternal indication
Washington University Genetic Counseling
- for pregnancies with advanced maternal age or abnormal maternal serum screening
St. Louis Children’s Hospital Fetal Heart Center
- for family or sibling history of heart defect, maternal diabetes
To make a referral to a Washington University specialist at the Women & Infants Center, call 855.747.5300.
For emergent maternal transport with our Maternal-Fetal Transport Team, or an urgent telephone consult with a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, please call 855.747.5300.