The Women & Infants Center is a unique partnership among three top-rated institutions: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children’s Hospital and our physician partners and researchers from Washington University School of Medicine. Through our partnership and combined expertise, we can provide the most innovative and advanced care, improving the health of women and infants throughout the region.
Partnership at the Women & Infants Center
In our partnership at the Women & Infants Center, each organization plays an important role:
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital provides care for women, including obstetrics and gynecology, labor and delivery, high-risk pregnancy, fertility issues and pelvic floor disorders.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital cares for newborns and infants needing specialized care in our Level IV newborn intensive care unit (NICU).
- Washington University Physicians are board-certified specialists that offer expert care at both facilities. They are also faculty members at Washington University School of Medicine, one of the top medical schools in the country.
About the Women & Infants Center
Families come to us for personalized care for women and their babies. Our team offers:
- Experienced providers: Our providers have a wide breadth of expertise, covering all aspects of women’s and infants’ health issues. Our doctors are all board certified or board eligible, meaning that they have taken rigorous optional exams and completed several additional years of fellowship training in their subspecialties. They are leaders and innovators in their fields, educating and training future doctors. Many are included in the Best Doctors in America list every year.
- Nationally recognized care: All three organizations that compose the Women & Infants Center rank among the best in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report. Additionally, both Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital have received Magnet designations, the highest honor for nursing excellence.
- Advanced diagnosis and treatment services: Our robust research and top-level academic programs keep us current with the most advanced treatments and services. Our teams provide expert care for gynecological oncology, fertility, newborns with rare genetic conditions and other subspecialties.
- Highest level of care: At the Women & Infants Center, you can feel confident that you and your baby will receive the most advanced care. With one of the only Level IV NICUs in the region, we provide the highest level of care available for critically ill newborns and those requiring special monitoring. Our NICU is the only one in the region that is directly connected to the labor and delivery unit.
The Women & Infants Center is housed in two new adjoining towers at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital. A walkway joins the two buildings, located on the Washington University Medical Campus. This walkway connects labor and delivery with the NICU, allowing mothers immediate access to their newborns who need intensive care.
Our state-of-the-art facility features:
- All private obstetric beds
- Newly renovated birthing suites
- A women’s assessment center
- Rooms specially equipped for cesarean sections
- Fetal surgery operating room
- Private beds in the NICU that allow parents to comfortably stay overnight
Learn more about our locations.
Awards and Honors
We receive recognition regularly from U.S. News & World Report as one of the top institutions in the country. Hundreds of our doctors are listed in the Best Doctors in America every year. Read more about our awards and recognitions.