We firmly believe that all women should have access to the healthcare they need, including specialized services to address complex medical issues. The OBGYN Clinic offers a full range of high-quality women’s health services, including pregnancy care, and provides residents with training to become the next generation of specialists.
Clinic Services for Women’s Health
The OBGYN Clinic team includes physicians who are completing advanced training to become specialists, as well as experienced nurses. We provide a full array of services including:
- Pelvic and breast exams
- Birth control and family planning
- Pregnancy and childbirth care
- Evaluation and treatment of gynecologic infections and disorders
- Pap smears and screening for cancers and other abnormalities
For more complex issues, your OBGYN Clinic doctor may refer you to a specialist who can:
- Evaluate and treat bladder problems
- Diagnose and treat female cancers
- Provide specialized care for high-risk pregnancies
- Perform minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Care for children and teenagers with gynecological or obstetrical needs, including glandular and hormone problems
Pregnancy and Childbirth
Our physicians provide prenatal care to ensure that you and your unborn child remain healthy throughout pregnancy. During checkups, you can discuss health concerns and your birthing experience preferences with your doctor. Our pregnancy services include:
CenteringPregnancy® for patient-focused prenatal care
At the OBGYN Clinic, we offer the CenteringPregnancy® program. The program brings together women who have due dates around the same time. You receive your prenatal care, support and education in a group setting. Advantages include:
- Convenience: No time spent in the waiting room – just come right in and join the group.
- More time with your doctor: You and your doctor work together in the group discussion and during your private prenatal checkup.
- Support and connection: Create relationships within a community of women in the same stage of pregnancy.
Financial assistance for prenatal and childbirth care
At the OBGYN Clinic, we diagnose and treat Medicaid and uninsured patients of all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds. If you need help paying for prenatal and childbirth care, you may be eligible for financial assistance. Our social workers can help you apply and see if you qualify, based on your income.
Our social workers can also help you overcome obstacles to good health, such as:
- Access to healthy nutrition
- Transportation to and from the clinic
- Funds for postpartum essentials like car seats, breast pumps and formula
Clinic Care Team
Physicians seeing patients at the OBGYN Clinic are medical doctors (MDs) who are completing residencies – multi-year, advanced training programs – in the medical specialty of gynecology. Talented resident physicians work under the guidance of accomplished Washington University gynecology specialists to provide capable and comprehensive care.
The clinic is also staffed by highly trained and experienced nurses and professional personnel in:
- Social services
- Diagnostic lab work
- Dietetics and nutrition
To make an appointment with an OBGYN Clinic gynecology specialist at the Women & Infants Center, call [Dynamic_Phone_Number].