Women & Infants Center patients who are recovering in the hospital include new moms, newborns and women who have undergone gynecological or fetal surgery. Our visiting hours and policy allow patients to get the rest they need for proper healing, in a safe, private and quiet space.
Visiting guidelines for labor, delivery and after delivery
All visitors must wear identification badges, which are provided at the front desk of the Women & Infants Center, near the elevators in Parkview Tower.
So we may provide proper care for new moms and their babies, please review the Barnes-Jewish Hospital visiting hours and policy for labor & delivery and postpartum.
- Labor & Delivery Visiting Hours: 24/7 during labor and delivery, at the discretion of the patient
- Postpartum Visiting Hours: 24/7
Visiting Hours for the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
When your child is in the NICU, you want to be close by. That’s why we welcome and encourage parents to spend as much time with their babies in the NICU as possible.
View St. Louis Children's Hospital's visiting hours and policy.
During a new mom’s hospital stay in Parkview Tower, an infant’s parents and visitors can access the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) via the link (connecting walkway) on the fifth floor of Parkview Tower. Because we require badge access for the NICU, parents and visitors must be validated by the NICU secretary to enter.
After mom is discharged from Parkview Tower, parents and visitors must access the NICU through the main entrances at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
- NICU Visiting Hours: 24/7 for parents / legal guardians; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. for visitors authorized by the parent / legal guardian
Visiting Hours for Women’s Surgery
If you are visiting a patient recovering from surgery, you are welcome at the Women & Infants Center in Parkview Tower.
Please review the Barnes-Jewish Hospital visiting hours and policy for outpatient surgery or procedure, or inpatient and ICU.
- Inpatient Visiting Hours: Daily from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. with quiet hours from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Outpatient Visiting Hours: May accompany patient to surgery or procedure and stay until patient is discharged
If you have any questions about visiting your loved one at the Women & Infants Center, please call 888.202.6930.