Deciding it’s time to have a baby is an exciting and life-changing decision. But when pregnancy doesn’t happen according to your plan, it can quickly become a frustrating and emotionally challenging experience.
Dealing with infertility can feel very lonely. But it’s important to realize that you’re not alone. About one in eight U.S. couples has trouble conceiving or sustaining a pregnancy.
If you haven’t been able to get pregnant after trying for one year or 6 months if you’re over 35, you may need to seek some expert help. The specialists at the Fertility & Reproductive Medicine Center understand the challenges of infertility and are here to help.
Fertility Treatment: Why Choose Us?
Choosing the right place for fertility testing and treatment is a crucial first step in your quest to conceive a child. When you come to our Fertility & Reproductive Medicine Center, you will find:
- Dedicated teamwork: As part of the Women & Infants Center, we partner with experts from Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital to ensure continuity of care from conception to childbirth and beyond. Learn more about the Women & Infants Center.
- Leading facility in the region: We see patients from the St. Louis region, Illinois, Missouri and beyond, both in person and through our telemedicine program. Our clinic is a member of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART), a designation that ensures we meet the highest standards for quality, safety and patient care.
- Experienced and trusted team: All of our doctors are board certified in obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive endocrinology and infertility. Our doctors’ expertise and the extensive resources of Washington University School of Medicine enable them to offer the most effective procedures and technologies in fertility treatment today.
- High volume: Each year, our doctors evaluate and treat more than 4,000 couples and individuals for infertility at our clinic. These high numbers translate into a higher level of expertise in our physicians and more successful outcomes for our patients.
- Consistently high success rates: Our pregnancy and live birth rates are consistently higher than the national average.
- Advanced technologies: In 1985, the first baby in Missouri conceived by in vitro fertilization (IVF) was born to parents treated at our clinic. Today, we continue to offer our patients pioneering technologies and treatments to help them achieve their dream of becoming parents.
- Inclusive approach: We welcome all patients. Unlike some clinics, we won’t turn away patients because of marital status, sexual orientation or weight.
- Personalized patient care: Our goal is to provide the right solution for every patient. For most people, minimally invasive techniques or drug therapies may be all they need to achieve a successful pregnancy. For those who elect to try in vitro fertilization (IVF) or third-party reproduction (using donor sperm, donor eggs or a gestational carrier), we can tailor our treatment to meet your individual needs.