Thank you for your interest in the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Qualified applicants must have completed an MBA, MHA, MHSA or equivalent course work prior to the start of the fellowship in June/July 2018. Preferred applicants hold a graduate degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education (CAHME); however, candidates from non-CAHME accredited programs will also be considered. Barnes-Jewish Hospital does not sponsor international visas for this fellowship.
To apply, applicants can submit an application through the NAFCAS portal, or submit the following materials in a single PDF file to BJHAdminFellowship@bjc.org by Monday, October 2, 2017 at 5 p.m. CST:
- Application Checklist
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- One to two page personal statement addressing the following:
- Decision to pursue an administrative fellowship at an academic medical center
- Interest in the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship
- Fellowship and career objectives
- Challenge(s) facing academic medicine
- Both Letters of Recommendation and the Fellowship Application Reference Form filled out by the following individuals:
- Applicant's program director/graduate professor
- Past or present employer
- Reference of applicant's choosing (preferably academic or professional)
- Official undergraduate and graduate school transcripts
- Transcripts can be scanned and uploaded to be included within the single PDF
If applying through the NAFCAS portal, disregard the Application Checklist and Fellowship Application Reference Form. References and recommendations will come from the NAFCAS portal directly.
Complete applications must be received by Monday, October 2nd at 5 p.m. CST:
Application Deadline: Received by October 2, 2017, 5 p.m. CST
Preliminary Interviews: Early October
On-Site Interviews: November 2 and 3, 2017
Selection Announcement Date (in accordance with NCAF uniform offer date): November 13, 2017
Start Date: June/July 2018
Please email BJHAdminFellowship@bjc.org for specific questions.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a proud member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships
Learn more about the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship.