Thank you for your interest in the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
Qualified applicants must have completed an MBA, MHA, MHSA or equivalent course work prior to the start of the fellowship in June/July 2020. This includes graduate programs that require a fellowship as part of their program requirements to receive a degree. Preferred applicants hold a graduate degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation Healthcare Management Education (CAHME); however, candidates from non-CAHME accredited programs will also be considered. Barnes-Jewish Hospital does not sponsor international visas for this fellowship.
To apply, applicants can submit an application in a single PDF file to BJHAdminFellowship@bjc.org by Friday, September 6, 2019 at 5 p.m. CST:
- Application Checklist
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- One to two page personal statement addressing the following:
- Decision to pursue an administrative fellowship at an academic medical center
- Interest in the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship
- Fellowship and career objectives
- Challenge(s) facing academic medicine
- Letters of Recommendation addressing your emotional intelligence and attitude towards teamwork, completed by the following individuals:
- Applicant's program director/graduate professor
- Past or present employer
- Reference of applicant's choosing (preferably academic or professional)
- Official undergraduate and graduate school transcripts
- Transcripts can be scanned and uploaded to be included within the single PDF
Application Open: Monday, July 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Received by Friday, September 6, 2019 at 5 p.m. CST
Preliminary Interviews: Mid-Late September
On-Site Interviews: October 8 and 9, 2019
Start Date: June/July 2020
Please email BJHAdminFellowship@bjc.org for specific questions.
Learn more about the David A. Gee Administrative Fellowship.